
I am thankful for my "family" up here in Vancouver. I don't actually have any family living in this area. But I do have a church family and some very dear friends that are amazing. They encourage & inspire me to be a better woman, mother, photographer, scrapbooker, leader and friend! They fill a place in me that longs for family. I still wish they lived closer especially around birthdays and holidays but if I really looked at my calendar I would see that almost every month I have a family visitor. (which is why I wish we had a guest room :=) Last month it was Auntie Barb, Nick's aunt, who lives in Lincoln, Nebraska. We also had a visit by Nick's parents too. His mom was with us for about two weeks. We are very blessed when she comes to stay because she is amazing and very very helpful. She fixes walls, paints and colors with Gabriel in his coloring books. She also reminds me of my dear grandmother Oma. She is my friend and I am very blessed by my mother in law. Which I know some struggle with this relationship so I am thankful that I don't.
I am excited about this month, my dad & his wife are coming to visit in a few days. Which is always fun. Sometimes I get a bit stressed. Just about my house and things before they arrive but once they do we always have a good time. I am learning to let go of trying to make things "perfect". I am embracing who God made me to be and trying not to prove something or be someone I am not. It's hard but I know that my stress is more about me and my own insecurities than anyone else. I am thankful that my dad chooses to spend his time and money coming to see his grand children. That is important and meaningful.
So today despite stress, cold sores and the endless to do list. I am looking at my attitude and choosing to be full of gratitude instead!
1 comment:
I have a wonderful talented daughter(in-law) that fills my life with goodness and love. She is my dear friend as well. It doesn't get better than that.
Love you dear Rachael
Post a Comment