I am just enjoying our life and trying to savor each day for what it is and all that it has to offer!
I love these books photographed above. They are stories or accounts about WWII which I became somewhat obssessed with a few years back after reading Ettie Hillesum's Diary "An Interrupted Life!". Ever since then I can't get enough about that time of history. I've read fictional stories set during this time as well as dozens of autobiographies and historical accounts. One of my favorites was a story about a young woman named Alicia Appleman-Jurman who survived the war and helped save others while fleeing the Nazis through war-ravaged Poland. I never cease being amazed at how the human spirit perseveres!!
This is my friend Rachel's son Zander who started flirting with me when I had my camera out. Such a cutie!!
I love seeing Gabriel delight in a new friend. He loves his new school mate Leo who came over last week for a long awaited play date! They have so much fun together and are very similar in their personalities. Gregarious & Mischevious little boys!!
These are simple pleasures that I am so thankful to have and enjoy!
1 comment:
You would probably like the movie- I know it is not a book- Sophie Scholl: Last Days, or you could read about the White Rose and her involvement in it. Her witness is powerful. A woman for our times...although she was executed at just 21 years of age.
Love the pictures- as usual. Lots of love mom xxxxxxxxx
Post a Comment