Monday, September 13, 2010

Jamie's Visit










We had the best time this past weekend together! I just adore my sil so much! We had non stop fun from the second she arrived til the moment we watched her walk away through security!!
Friday 10:15am Jamie arrived into Portland Int'l Airport otherwise known as PDX. A very nice airport. It's very clean and tons of quaint shops even a Powell's Book Store (our favorite). (Photo included)

Then we headed off to 23rd Street which is a cool area with tons of fun stores, yummy restaurants & Moonstruck Chocolate Cafe. Jamie purchased a tin of their delicious hot chocolate for her family! I am certain this fall yummy hot cocoa treats will remind them of Portland!! We ate at the delicious Papa Haydn/Jo Bar. Yummy Salmon on Ciabatta bread.
Then we headed to my beloved Powell's where Jamie & I picked up a book each to read together. We both took at least an hour deciding which book would be just right for our next shared reading! We went with our old friend Jodi Picoult. We shall see if she captures our attention again!! We stopped at a sweet little Cupcake shop in the Pearl District called Jones Cupcakes and picked up a box of minis to sample.
Friday night after a small tour of Vancouver & our house we dined on a delicious dinner made by my wonderful husband! YUM!
Then we stayed up late scrapping and watching the Summer movie with Miley Cyrus The Last Song. It was actually kind of sad but sweet. Not the greatest movie ever but we had fun together!
Saturday we hung out @ home before we headed to a Stamping Up card class. We made 6 cute card projects & Jamie reminisced. She used to be a Stamping Up demonstrator years ago. It was fun!!
After the card class we headed downtown Vancouver to check out some Antique stores.(thanks to Rachael's advice) We actually have some really cool stores in this little town. Plus I discovered the thrill of finding a great deal & a cool find. I found these two little owl salt & pepper shakers. So cute!! Perfect for Fall! Jamie found the larger Owl & a cool old Match holder.
Saturday night we finished our fun day at Tommy O's a Pacific Rim Grill. Then headed home to watch movies and scrap some more!

Sunday I took her to my home away from home North Creek Church to check out our cool building and attend the 9am service. We had a great morning! As we were driving away she said I see why you love your church and it makes you feel so happy!
Then Jessica Jamie & I headed down to the Portland Airport area for lunch and a quick shopping trip at Home Goods where we picked up matching tea cups to remind us of one another!
Then sadly we took her to the airport and had to say good bye!!
I am forever thankful to my husband for planning this special visit for Jamie & I. We were so blessed with a wonderful time together!!



I heart you!!
p.s. Some photos taken by Jamie.

2 comments:

jamie said...

SUCH A FUN TIME!!! must do again! :) hopefully not too far from now :)

Christy Butcher said...

I bought that big owl!