
Well truth be told I have a dozen favorite movies but this one is a favorite! Uma Thurman was funny & I related to her character. The story just perfectly captures how I have been feeling lately. I am certain many of my friends feel this way. Like we have lost who we are or were to raise children and take care of a home....it validated me. Celebrated womanhood motherhood and made me feel a little less insane. Plus it celebrated marriage and affirmed commitment and not in a Hollywood glamorous way but in a real sweaty messy haired mom kind of way ( I know Uma could look hot in a potato sack) but the point the film was making was about real & human struggles. We all have to deal with those tiny daily tasks and sometimes (more often than I want admit) I want to jump on a plane or car and go far far away.
I was telling my mother tonight I sometimes want to just escape to Hawaii and lay on a beach towel alone. Sipping my umbrella drink & knowing nobody. Having nothing to do. Escape!! The irony about that is I hate wearing a bathing suit. So why would I want to lay on a towel in Hawaii is beyond me. LOL.... oh and I hate sunbathing. I get painfully bored.
Anyhow if you haven't seen it and you want validation and some funny entertainment then rent it. Tell me what you think!
No comments:
Post a Comment