Monday, April 26, 2010

Visit to California!














I had an amazing time in California last week. I was blessed to go to LA by myself for seven days! Wow! My husband blessed me with this gift. Rare and special. Time to be alone and recharge my batteries! Plus I got to see my best friend & sil Jamie & hang out with my mom dad & brothers! Added bonus I got to see my mother's installation service at Westminster Presbyterian Church in Temple City. This was a profound blessing on me and quite a gift that I got to be there. I am so proud of my mother and her heart!

I had an incredible and rich visit. I felt like I got a chance to really connect with each person in a special way.

Time with Grampies is sweet! What an incredible kind man to all of us. He and I drove to church together and had a wonderful time reminiscing about our family and past memories. He told me he remembers the positive & wonderful things about us when we were teenagers. It's this generous kind spirit that blesses me to my core.

Time with my mom. Cups of tea & long chats! Laughter prayers and watching Sabrina the old & the new version! Treasured moments...times to tuck away into my mind and draw upon them when I miss her.

Time with Chris was brief but hilarious and sweet! He is such a funny and amazing man. I didn't think I was going to see him at all this trip but he surprised us and came home early. Then he went out of his way on several occasions to allow me to have special time with Jamie. So kind!

Time with Tudor Robb was also brief as he is a junior at college/university and a very busy young man, However as always he is charming and a delight! He is a very talented musician and with his whole heart is pursuing his passion!! I am so proud of the man he has become! He is also amazing with his nieces and nephews! (photo included)

Lots of time with Jamie, Yay for that!! I adore everything about this person. I had a wonderful time chatting, sipping lots & lots of mint tea and eating too many cupcakes. My favorites were Tiramisu & Black Forest with the real whipped topping. Yum! I got to be a part of her normal routine and life! It was fun! Being with her, helping her and just spending time together. We are very compatible. She is so calm and easy to be with. What a blessing God did in my life by bringing her to Chris and sharing her with me.

Kira Soleil is 14 almost 15 and if you look at the photo you can see she is gorgeous!! Plus she is very grown up looking! which is hard. Hard for moms & aunties to see our girls grow up & become women. However this young woman is remarkable. She is an incredible athlete. Soccer star & she just made the Pep Flag team with her high school. She is a very sweet young girl. I am glad I got a chance to spend time with her for she is very busy!

Cameron what a sensitive and affectionate child. He is so amazing! He is very wise and intuitive for his age. He is a talented new piano player and loves to play basketball too. I really bonded with Cam this time and that was fun for me.

Caleb is full of life and extremely aware of his surroundings. A sharp young boy! He is a reader and loves people. He is happy most of the time and is a joy to be around. I was amazed at his ability to catch small details going on that most people would probably miss or not even care about. I loved that about him!

Elsie ....steals the show!! Well she is just Adorable! Demanding and cute as can be. She stole my heart as she does many with those big bright happy eyes!! She keeps her mom busy no I mean really really BUSY!!! She is also quite hilarious!! For example one day she and I were sitting in the hammock & I smiled at her and she said why are you smiling?? I told her this was a wonderful moment for me sitting with her in the hammock while the sun was shining and that we were together. She said " yes the sun is shining and the garage is garaging & the tree is leaving..." anyhow it was pretty cute!

Thank you honey for blessing me with this time away ! Thank you family for blessing me with you! I love you all!!

1 comment:

jamie said...

aw rach! we miss you! come back!!! with your family this time :) for good! :) hahah please?
your visit was so special to me. i am so thankful that you were able to come and BE. thank you for all that you bring into our lives. we love you!